This question can be answered but must be qualified first. The very nature of diagnostics is making the “unknown” – known.
- What is the nature of the problem we are diagnosing?
- Does it occur constantly?
- Is it intermittent? If yes how often does it show up?
- Is it intermittent but easily replicated?
- Is it engine or transmission related?
- Is it a noise, clunk, rattle or squeak?
Well, you see where I’m going, there are many variations and types of diagnostics.
The best approach to estimating diagnostics we’ve found is to break the process and cost up into phases or quadrants. What this does is put a finite dollar amount on each phase of the diagnostic. Each phase contains valuable steps and tests that will be executed for that dollar amount.
You want to know what you are paying for as a consumer – are you buying a can full of hot air or are you buying valuable information?
- 96 percent of all our diagnostic processes cost $75 to $125
- 3 percent of diagnostics at Colchin Auto cost $125 to $220
- Just 1 percent of the cases go big – up to $500
This gives you a good idea of your financial exposure when your vehicle needs to be diagnosed.
Please know that we want nothing more than to get to the root of your vehicle’s problem as quickly as possible. At Colchin Auto we are focused on delivering value for your hard earned dollars.